Buenos Aires Eats

cre: Buenos Aires Eats

Since I’ve been in Buenos Aires, the most exciting part of my day is always deciding where I’m going to have dinner that night or which restaurant I want to try next. Living in the beautiful neighborhood of Palermo, I only need to walk a block in any direction to find the next trendy and delicious restaurant I want to try. Here is a list of my favorite restaurants in Buenos Aires, Argentina.

The Cabras

Plate El Gran Bife

My roommate and I ate here on our very first night in town and it was the best welcome treat we could have asked for. Not only is the restaurant in our neighborhood, but it’s also an amazing place to try traditional Argentinian cuisine at a great price. The dish we ordered is called “El Gran Bife”, and it is a huge platter that a large steak, fries with a fried egg on top, grilled peppers and onions, mashed pumpkin, rice with vegetables and provoleta (a traditional Argentinian dish is a piece of grilled provolone). Now, if that’s not how you say “Welcome to Buenos Aires”, I don’t know how else to. We also ordered a “penguin”, which is a large penguin vase used for pouring wine in Argentinian culture.

Mishiguene

The best shakshuka I have ever eaten filled with
tomatoes, egg, eggplant and more!

This is definitely one of the best restaurants I’ve been to! Mishiguene serves all Jewish style dishes such as shakshuka, falafel, baba ganoush, etc. and everything is so well prepared. In the restaurant they also only play Jewish style music which gives a very authentic feel inside. As a starter, they bring to each table a basket of lukewarm homemade challah, a bagel, a jar of sweet pickles and Dijon mustard. For my meal, I ordered the baba ganoush as an appetizer, which is made from an eggplant, and it usually comes as a dip served on some sort of plate or in a bowl. At Mishiguene, the baba ganoush always comes on eggplant and it’s the best I’ve ever had! For my main course I had shakshuka and it really changed my life. I was so full I couldn’t even order dessert but I know I’ll be back soon to try the chocolate babka!

pani

Large piece of toast topped with avocado and
a fried egg, a delicious brunch!

This restaurant is a must for brunch and lunch, but also as a bakery! The interior of the restaurant is very well decorated and has an even better menu. They have a huge selection from their bakery as well as salads, sandwiches and smoothies. The egg and avocado toast was way bigger than I expected, but I couldn’t resist eating it all. I also received a Nutella chocolate cookie from their bakery and it was to die for. For any chocolate addict, you Homework to try!

MOOI
Lunch at MOOI with a guacamole chicken wrap and a pitcher of sangria

MOOI is another great place for brunch or lunch. They have a great selection on their menu and everything I’ve had, I really want to go back to eat. The first time I went I was at the place near Parque 3 de Febrero on a nice day where two friends and I shared their sangria. There were strawberries, kiwis, apples, peaches, oranges and it was so refreshing. It’s one of our favorite places now to go and relax on a nice afternoon and we even discovered a new location two blocks from our apartment!

Cooking at home

Balsamic vegetables sautéed with a fried egg
on top and homemade fries
have a good dinner

As awesome as all the restaurants in Buenos Aires are, one of my favorite parts here is learning to cook for myself. Living in an apartment here, I’m on my own for the first time and learning to cook through many Tasty videos and recipes I find online. I thought it would be a lot harder than it is, but one of my favorite things to do right now is just experimenting with different foods we have around the apartment. This photo of a meal my roommate and I cooked was bought from a little fruit shop down the street and only cost us about five US dollars! We made a balsamic vegetable stir fry with a fried egg on top and house steak fries. I have to say we are quite the chefs!

Kelsey B. is the Spring 2017 MOJO Blogger in Buenos Aires, Argentina. She is currently a journalism and public relations student at Indiana University.




Kelsey Bardach is the Spring 2017 Blogger for studyabroadaz.com in Buenos Aires, Argentina in Buenos Aires, Argentina, and is currently studying at Indiana University.



from studyabroadaz.com https://ift.tt/MLYfNoU
via studyabroadaz.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

When to Go Hybrid: Determining Which Format Best Fits Your Program

How to brainstorm ideas in IELTS writing part-2?

Sweets and Treats in Dublin