A Break From the Goulash

cre: A Break From the Goulash

Prague is known for its hearty Czech cuisine, such as goulash and dumplings. I’ve eaten my fair share of Czech food since I’ve been abroad, but I’ve also tried just about every other type of cuisine I can find. Below is a compilation of all my favorite international restaurants in the city of Prague that I would recommend to anyone visiting.

Fresh pasta

Prague has an unusually high amount of Italian food everywhere you look. I haven’t had a bad Italian meal since I’ve been here, but I had an amazing Italian meal and it was at Pasta Fresca. A reservation is essential due to the high demand for their homemade pasta. In the center of the Old Town Square, the location can’t be beat.

Spinach pasta with mushrooms and candied walnuts
Cannelloni stuffed with mozzarella and beef
This is another traditional Italian meal I had at a small restaurant on my street

lemon leaf

My favorite type of cuisine is Thai. I’ve eaten so much in my life that I know when to appreciate a really good Pad Thai. Lemon Leaf was recommended to me by so many people that I made it a priority on one of my very first days in Prague. I dream of this Pad Thai at night because it was so good.

Agave

I noticed that Mexican food is hard to find unless you want to eat late at night at Burrito Loco. I eat way too much Mexican food whenever I’m home in America, so after a few weeks in Prague I started craving it. I’ve tried several Mexican restaurants since I’ve been here, but came across Agave on a few travel blogs and decided to give it a try. I admit it was great tasting and looking Mexican food. Since this cuisine is so hard to find in Prague, I highly recommend a reservation. Also be aware that the prices are way above average compared to a normal Czech meal.

I treated myself at the end of my meal to a Mexican brownie that contained cayenne pepper

Brixton Balls

After tasting meatballs on a weekend in Sweden earlier this semester, I was determined to find the same quality of meatballs in Prague. Swedish food is not at all common in Prague, but I stumbled across Brixton Balls while walking around one day. I stopped in for a quick casual lunch and fell in love with this place. For $5 you can get one of their specialty meatballs (I had mine wrapped in bacon) with your choice of side. It was so good and cheap and I know I will be back soon.

Bacon wrapped meatballs in a bowl of mashed potatoes and gravy

Meet Burger

The average American studying abroad is going to miss eating traditional American food at some point. I read about the best burger in Prague and came across Meet Burger. I didn’t expect Prague to deliver a good burger, but this was surprisingly amazing.

A traditional American cheeseburger. So good!!
I had another really good burger at a restaurant called The Tavern

Lillian H. is MOJO’s Spring 2017 Blogger in Prague, Czech Republic. She is currently a communications student at the University of Georgia




Lillian Huckabee in Prague, Czech Republic, and is currently studying at the University of Georgia.



from studyabroadaz.com https://ift.tt/hpvrXul
via studyabroadaz.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

When to Go Hybrid: Determining Which Format Best Fits Your Program

How to brainstorm ideas in IELTS writing part-2?

Sweets and Treats in Dublin