Walking in Royal Footsteps

cre: Walking in Royal Footsteps

“When a man is tired of London, he is tired of life” – Samuel Johnson

I’ve only been here almost 2 weeks and already feel like I’ve been here much longer. After adjusting and settling into my new home in Kensington, I had some time to explore the borough.

One of the orientation activities planned by the FIE included a guided tour of London by sleeper bus. This is where I was able to identify specific places I want to visit and must-try places to eat. We also toured the Palace of Westminster, where the Houses of Parliament are located. It was so interesting to see where the laws were made and to think about the history of those places, but it was even more exciting to see the rooms that many of my favorite shows have recreated. Attached to the Palace of Westminster is the Big Ben. Unfortunately, unbeknownst to me, the Big Ben is currently under construction. As you can see below only one side of the clock can be seen and the rest is covered in such beautiful scaffolding….yay.

On our day off from orientation events, my roommate and I decided to take a trip to Buckingham Palace before we got swamped with class work and it was well worth the trip. Taking a moment to pay attention to the symbols on the doors, the details of the statues and the surroundings of the palace was the highlight of my day. It was so beautiful and surprisingly less crowded than expected. I can’t wait to see the difference at the royal wedding!



from studyabroadaz.com https://ift.tt/tz8pRfCAi
via studyabroadaz.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

When to Go Hybrid: Determining Which Format Best Fits Your Program

How to brainstorm ideas in IELTS writing part-2?

Sweets and Treats in Dublin