Checklist

cre: Checklist

When I was at home in London, I tried to do as many of my favorite things as possible. I explored different parts of the city, revisited the National Gallery, ate at my favorite restaurants, wandered the shopping streets and spent a lot of time in my comfortable bed.

On my last day, while strolling down Oxford Street looking for last minute items to take to Cape Town, my dad and I were trapped by a very sudden downpour of rain. The rain subsided for a few minutes, until again passers-by were forced under awnings, huddled together with their full shopping bags to avoid getting drenched. And then the rain turned to drizzle, the typical cloudy London sky clearing until the sun rose, reflecting its light on the newly lacquered streets. It seemed that the capricious weather conditions in London mimicked my emotions as I prepared for my six-week trip to South Africa.

But despite my mood swings from anxiety to denial to anticipation to excitement, I’m ready for a summer that, by the time the program concludes, will have pushed me so far out of my comfort zone that I will feel like a different person. Cape Town, I’m coming!

EvieElson13.jpg



from studyabroadaz.com https://ift.tt/ciflZSMh7
via studyabroadaz.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

When to Go Hybrid: Determining Which Format Best Fits Your Program

How to brainstorm ideas in IELTS writing part-2?

Sweets and Treats in Dublin