Tips for Traveling Outside of Paris

cre: Tips for Traveling Outside of Paris

Studying abroad in Paris is the first step. Second step ? Discover as much of Europe as you can! Because Paris is centrally located, it is an excellent starting point for your international adventures.

During my stay in Paris, I was able to travel to the United Kingdom, Germany, Belgium and the Netherlands. 3 of these trips out of 4 were at my expense and really affordable! I was able to see the German Black Forest through an incredible trip organized by the CEA. On top of that, I explored six French cities. It all happened in the space of 3.5 months, and I want to share with you some tips on how to maximize your time abroad.

Baden-Baden, Germany

Buses are your friends!

If you are ready to give up the luxury and the speed of the flight, there are several bus companies in Paris that can get you to the destinations of your dreams. More importantly, it will cost you a fraction of a plane ticket. I traveled to London with Ouibus for 30 euros, flat. Of course, it was a long drive, but it was the only way I could afford to see the famous city. And I didn’t intend to miss it!

And if you’re going to London, take a ride on one of these double-decker buses. They have just been updated to be more durable!
Saint-Martin-in-les-Champs

Go with groups of students

There are a bunch of student travel groups available to you that make travel easier. They introduce you to new people who are also exploring the world. Some of the groups organize tons of events for international students in Paris if you are looking for some entertainment near you.

Amsterdam
More Amsterdam!

Go with the flow

My absolute favorite trip was to Belgium, and I hadn’t planned on going there! My friend invited me the week before and I had no plans for the weekend so I went. I made some quick friends who were in the same hostel room as me. I ate more fries than I would like to admit. I laughed and laughed. And I would never have had this experience without being flexible at the time.

The Atomium in Brussels, Belgium.

Don’t bring your laptop

I made the mistake of bringing my laptop on a trip with me, and it was nothing more than one more thing to lug around. Unless you have a mission to do, I suggest leaving the laptop at home to maximize your trip. Those downtime in your hotel or hostel room should be spent talking with your traveling companion. Ice skating (especially in winter) is a great evening activity when museums close. Transit time can be spent with a good book. Your back will thank you.

Outdoor ice skating at Museumplein in Amsterdam.

Dana F. is the MOJO Fall 2017 photographer in Paris, France. She is currently a film and photography student at Ithaca College.




Dana Fazziola is the studyabroadaz.com Fall 2017 Photographer in Paris, France, and is currently studying at Ithaca College.



from studyabroadaz.com https://ift.tt/3JnQpOv
via studyabroadaz.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

When to Go Hybrid: Determining Which Format Best Fits Your Program

How to brainstorm ideas in IELTS writing part-2?

Sweets and Treats in Dublin