Getting Settled in Seville

cre: Getting Settled in Seville

Getting on the plane that would take me to Europe was an incredibly surreal experience. I had to check the ticket at least fifteen times to make sure it said I was on my way to study abroad in Seville. I could not believe it.

It was as if this dream I had for so long was right in front of me and for the first time I had the ability to make it come true. All I had to do was take that step on the plane and begin the adventure that awaited me on the other side of the world.

My biggest fear about this trip was that it would be less than I expected somehow. Yet from the moment I arrived in Seville, the city immediately exceeded my highest expectations. The streets, people and culture were even more alive than I expected.

The CEA organized my pick-up at the airport and transported me and my roommate directly to our accommodation. We drove through some of the most beautiful streets in the city in a 30 minute drive to our apartment.

Our host mom greeted us at the curb outside our building and showed us to our apartment. We are in a neighborhood called ‘Los Remedios’ which is across the river from the city center, but a great area for shopping and accommodation.

The day we arrived was for rest and discovery, so we did both! After a brief nap and a delicious meal from our host mother, my new roommates and I decided to head downtown to find our way around the different neighborhoods of Seville.

It’s the part of town that looks exactly like the photos you see in travel magazines and online articles. Getting to know the main areas of the city is one of the best ways to survive the first week abroad.

My favorite part of the whole arrival process was meeting the lovely ladies that I will be spending the next four months with. It was initially intimidating to form relationships with strangers from different parts of the country, but I quickly discovered that we were all in the same situation. Realizing that I was not the only one afraid to dive into the waters of a new culture made me both humbled and comforted.

I’ve been here for almost a week now and every day has been better than the last. Thank you, Seville, for already making me feel at home!




Delaney Bresnahan is the Spring 2019 blogger for studyabroadaz.com in Seville, Spain, and is currently studying at Liberty University.



from studyabroadaz.com https://ift.tt/32DaOhu
via studyabroadaz.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

When to Go Hybrid: Determining Which Format Best Fits Your Program

How to brainstorm ideas in IELTS writing part-2?

Sweets and Treats in Dublin